Are you interested in a family-friendly, service-orientated career opportunity with competitive wages, benefits and a great work environment? Look no further than Bliffert Lumber and Hardware! As a private, growing, and profitable company, we are looking for the best individuals to serve our ever-growing customer base.
To apply, fill out our employment application. You can stop by any of our seven locations or email it to Heather.Yoplac@bliffertlumber.com
CDL Class A Driver (1st Shift)
Bliffert Lumber & Hardware – Oak Creek, WI
Drive any combination of vehicles with GVW of 26,001 or more pounds, to transport and deliver goods. Will be required to load and unload truck. Local SE Wisconsin deliveries. Requires Class A commercial driver’s license. Must be able to drive manual transmission trucks or be willing to learn. The hours for this position are variable between 6:00 am to 5:00 pm M-F, some Saturdays possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned. Operate hydraulic lift gates safely.
- Secure cargo for transport, using wedges and straps.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes, in order to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any powered equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- May be required to manually carry loads inside residences.
- Responsible for following all safety rules and policies as outlined by the Department of Transportation and communicated by Bliffert Lumber management.
- Responsible for following all general housekeeping practices as communicated by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Sidewinder for loading and unloading and placing loads at residence is a bonus but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education:
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Willing to Train.
Certificates & Licenses: CDL Class A – Required
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation physical. Must have a clean driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
– Competitive wages
– Paid vacation
– Paid Holidays
– 401(k), Safe Harbor, and Profit Sharing
– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance