If you are interested in a job opportunity at one of the seven Bliffert Lumber & Hardware locations, please apply in person or send your resume to the Heather Yoplac in Human Resources.
Full-time Hardware Store-Retail Sales Position
Tired of the big box store rat race? Have a passion for hardware and helping customers? Bliffert Lumber and Hardware is looking for a full time team member for our Hardware Store located on Chambers St. We are a fifth-generation family company located on the Eastside of Milwaukee.
Are you someone who can answer simple to complex questions about home improvement projects?
We are looking for a “Hardware Ambassador” for our Riverwest location.
Candidates must be customer service-oriented, have a passion for retail, and should have experience working in a fast paced environment. Must have hardware store experience or experience in related industry.
Applicant must have:
- Minimum 5 years of hardware store experience
- Familiar with all aspects of a full line hardware store
- Familiar with basic use of a PC
- High problem solving aptitude for homeowner and commercial hardware needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Good trouble shooting skills for repair
- Skilled in plumbing and electrical
- Knowledge of tool repair helpful
- Full time hours
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401k with safe harbor match
- Profit Sharing
- A great family work environment
Box Truck Delivery Driver
Bliffert Lumber is looking for safety conscious, positive, team members to work in our lumber yard at our Germantown location. Bliffert Lumber is a family owned and operated company serving Wisconsin for over 100 years. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
N116W16474 Main St.
Germantown, WI 53022
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k), Safe Harbor, and Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
This position will be working Monday – Friday between 6:30 am – 4:30 pm (hours vary on schedule) and possible Saturdays if needed.
As a delivery driver with Bliffert Lumber, you will be responsible for driving a box delivery truck. The position includes transporting lumber, hardware, windows, doors, and cabinets. Will also be responsible for pulling products or putting them away, and loading/unloading trucks. You will perform daily deliveries that vary by orders. Bliffert Lumber employees are expected to provide outstanding customer service, essential as a delivery driver, as you will be the “face” of our company.
- Drive box truck and follow all safety procedures per training manual
- Load and unload trucks as needed
- Provide quality customer service
- Be proficient and perform the proper procedures for performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Keep complete and accurate records and logs of all driving and deliveries
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to follow instructions and safe operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to be trained and use powered industrial trucks (forklifts), as required
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job