If you are interested in a job opportunity at one of the seven Bliffert Lumber & Hardware locations, please apply in person or send your resume to the Heather Yoplac in Human Resources.
Bliffert Lumber is a family owned and operated company serving Wisconsin for over 100 years. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k), Safe Harbor, and Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Lumber Yard Associate
1014 E. Chambers St.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
The primary duties for this position are:
- Receive in material by helping to unload vendor trucks and verify counts for accuracy
- Loading and unloading company trucks
- Loading and Unloading windows, doors, lumber in unheated warehouse and yard
- Provide friendly assistance to customers in loading materials on their vehicles
- Maintain a clean and safe warehouse and lumber yard
- Assist with periodic physical inventory counts
- Effectively coordinate daily tasks with co-workers and supervisors
- Safely and efficiently operate Table Saws, Chop Saws, and Chainsaws as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
Requirements for this position are:
- Must have experience driving a Class IV Propane forklift – certification will be provided
- Strong problem solving skills
- Positive customer service skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects from 25 – 125 lb
- Previous forklift experience is a plus
CDL Class B Driver (Local 1st Shift)
N116W16474 Main St.
Germantown, WI 53022
POSITION SUMMARY: Drive any combination of vehicles with GVW of 26,001 or more pounds, to transport and deliver goods. May be required to load and unload truck. Local SE Wisconsin deliveries. Requires Class B commercial driver’s license. The hours for this position are variable between 6:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F.
- Check vehicles before and after driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered, and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned. Operate hydraulic lift gates safely.
- Secure cargo for transport, using wedges and straps.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes, in order to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, or performing minor repairs.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any powered equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- May be required to manually carry loads inside residences.
- Responsible for following all safety rules and policies as outlined by the Department of Transportation and communicated by Bliffert Lumber management.
- Responsible for following all general housekeeping practices as communicated by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Sidewinder for loading and unloading and placing loads at residence.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One or more years of tractor trailer/semi driving experience.
Certificates & Licenses: CDL Class B
Other Requirements: Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation physical. Must have a clean driving record. Must be able to drive at night.
Inside Sales / Customer Service Team
2128 W. Morgan Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53221
- Fielding Phone calls / emails from our customer base and outside sales staff
- Reviewing, entering and processing quotes and orders
- Answering questions from customers, and effectively communicating with other team members to provide outstanding customer service
- Candidates should be comfortable working in Windows based computer system including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- We are looking for a can-do attitude from energetic and dependable candidates
- Lumber, Millwork and Building materials knowledge is extremely helpful but we will train candidates with the right tools.